Thank you for trusting Zoquest and using our Platform. This policy is meant to help you understand what kind of information we collect and how we use it.
There are two ways in which we collect information:
1) When you provide it to us or provide us with permission to use it.
When you sign up and create an account with us, you voluntarily provide us with very basic information about yourself such as your full name, email address and password, which are necessary to create your account.
After creating your account you may choose to enhance your profile with additional information such as your current location, age, gender, interests and a short bio. These are optional.
Alternately, you may choose to login using other services, such as Facebook, which upon your approval give us access to basic information about you such as your name, email address, contacts and profile picture.
When you create an Activity, you are requested to provide a variety of information such as the description, location, time, size, pricing information and contact information for your Activity. By default most of this information is made public and indexed by search engines worldwide, unless you choose otherwise.
2) While using our Platform
Nowadays almost every Internet or mobile application will automatically record and store certain data as they're being used. The data we collect in this way is used a) to provide a better user experience b) to help us understand what needs to be improved and c) to help keep our Platform safe and secure for everyone. The data we collect this way includes:
- "Cookies". These are small pieces of data that are stored on your browser and help improve your overall user experience. Information stored in this way includes your current session with the Platform, your current timezone, your language preferences and the current city or town you are in. Note that this is only generic information and may not be regarded as very specific or sensitive.
- Log data. Almost every website or application on the market will log your Internet Protocol address, the specific pages or services of that product you navigate through, date and time information and your browser type. Our Platform does the same and this information is mainly for our own security and analysis purposes. The only exception to this are your logged actions within an Activity, which Activity Creators have a limited view of in order to get a rough understanding of how many people view their Activity and how many join.
- Preferences. When you search for or join an Activity we will store your preference for this type of Activity in order to provide you with a more customized experience by offering suggestions and catering to your likes and dislikes.
How we use your data
Your data is used in ways that are consistent with this type of platform:
- Non-sensitive personal information you provide is stored in your public profile which is accessible by other registered users of the Platform who want to get to know more about you. Sensitive data such your email, password and preferences are kept secret, encrypted and protected.
- Your usage data is kept private and is used as a resource through which we can analyze and improve parts of our Platform as well as develop new features.
- Comments, votes, messages and other information you post are controlled by you and mainly pertain to your communication with other members on the Platform.
- Your preferences, trends and users you follow allow us to create a more customized experience for you by suggesting certain activities on the main page, sending you news and updates and helping you find related activities you might be interested in.
Control over the information you provide
Unlike many other social platforms we like to give our users full control over the information they provide and how they would like that information to be used. Amongst other things:
- You may change most information in your public profile at any time. The only exception being your email address, which cannot be changed since it distinctly identifies you.
- You may choose to unsubscribe from receiving news, updates, suggested activities, notifications and other communications we send you.
- You may choose to make the activities you create private, which will hide them from public view as well as from search engines. You may also choose to hide certain parts of your activity (ex. the location, contact info etc.) or make them accessible only to members who join your activity.
- Terminate your account at any time. Doing so will completely remove you, your user information as well as any information you've posted to our servers.
How we share your information
Simply put, none of your information is shared without your consent.
Information you acknowledge as public and voluntarily post to our Platform as such, including but not limited to your public profile, forum posts, votes, messages, participation, multimedia and anything pertaining to a public activity you create is made public.
SENSITIVE INFORMATION, INCLUDING YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS, FULL NAME AND ZOQUEST ACCOUNT PASSWORD ARE ENCRYPTED ON OUR SERVERS AND ARE NOT DISCLOSED TO ANY THIRD PARTY COMPANIES OR INDIVIDUALS, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE.
Information belonging to minors
Persons under the age of 18 are strictly prohibited from using our Platform and this includes all our products and services. Upon learning that a person under the age of 18 has provided us with information we will immediately terminate their account and remove all their information from our servers. Please notify us if you learn of such a case.